How Does All-On-4 Work?
Dentures held in place with dental implants typically require between six and eight posts per arch. As a result, people who have lost jawbone tissue due to tooth loss may not qualify. All-on-4 uses just four post per arch to anchor a full set of dentures in place. They will be surgically placed. Most patients can receive an initial set of All-on-4 in a single visit, returning for the final fitting of custom-made dentures at a later date. As a result, these are often referred to as “teeth-in-a-day”.
The Benefits of All-On-4
This system offers patients a number of benefits, including:
- A whole smile in one visit
- A prosthesis that only requires brushing and flossing
- Dentures that won’t slip when you speak or eat
- Ability to eat as you did prior to tooth loss
- Provides a new smile for people who might not qualify for fixed dentures